Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Never say Never

When I stopped writing a few years ago, I made a pact with myself that I was no longer naive enough to think that putting words into paper (err... keyboard) would make me feel better about everything that happened around me. But here I am, prodigal child to the written word, with hopes and naivety intact.

If Life were a person, I absolutely KNOW what she's like. (Oh yeah! Its a She - no doubts about it)

Life .....

.... She's a no-nonsense friend. She doesn't give me a shoulder to cry on, or a moment to pity myself. She ensures I am enveloped by so many actionables in my routine, that I barely remember whether I am coming or going!

.... She's not a conversationalist. She demands intuitive action, sometimes making me do stupid things. Things that she ensures, teaches me something I hadn't known earlier.

.... She doesn't like excuses - I have tried and failed miserably when trying to get her to see why I shouldn't have lost that last round of  the game. She scoffs and scowls when I begin to stammer a reason for my failure

..... Nor is she a fan of my pride. She doesn't skip a beat to remind me who's ACTUALLY in-charge! God forbid, I have a moment when I am just a wee bit full of myself!

..... She does, however, employ services of her good friend Serendipity, when I am stuck in a corner sometimes. But not before I have tried every trick, bruised every muscle, used every ounce of my resources.

.... She uses her imaginative side, when she decides who to put in my path - from acquaintances who become support systems, to guest appearances who become inspirations, she directs this soap opera I call my life.

.... Funnily, she doesn't claim to be my friend. Nor my well wisher. She doesn't ask permission before she turns my world upside down. But she gives me love, strength and purpose - so I can sort my world all over again.

Hey Life! Guess what?

I may not know your scheme of things. I may stumble clumsily at every new turn. But I am learning to trust your instincts now. Thank you for being on my side, even when you're not.


No comments:

Post a Comment